Saturday, October 07, 2006

Landscape Meditations

Click to Shop at Amazon
By Elizabeth Mowry

Kevin MacPherson's series paintings reminded me of Landscape Meditations. Mowry's main theme in this book is the concept of landscape series paintings. This whole concept was certainly originated by my favorite painter, Claude Monet and he gets his share of credit from Mowry, too. She presents a history of theme painting and a well thought out trip through various themes that can be the subject of a series.

Subtitled "An Artist's Guide to Exploring Themes in Landscape Painting", the book itself is a beautiful collection of Mowry's and other's paintings. Her works are impressionistic pastels of light and landscape. Now, my medium is certainly not pastel, but I love this book and found its content inspiring. I hope to explore my own landscape meditations in the future.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home